Welcome

Welcome to the future of Rwanda, where True Vineyard Ministries' Bake the Cycle Project is working with widows who have survived genocide, rape and disease to improve their lives and the lives of their children and future generations through the establishment of the Bread of Life Bakery in Musanze.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Waiting on God

So sorry for the delay in updating the blog... there is so much going on here and I just have not been able to update everyone as often as I had wished.

First, an update on the well; Mike and I met with the drilling gurus yesterday so that we could clearly understand what happened with the drilling last week. It seems that about 12 meters down, there was a very thick layer of volcanic rock and underneath that was a pocket of air, followed by more volcanic rock. Twice, as they were drilling, the bit went sideways into the pocket and broke off. At least one of those bits was not recovered and is somewhere down there. The good news is that they have ordered new equipment from India and they told us it should arrive in 3 ½ weeks. They assured us that the water is there and that they will be able to complete the drilling in 3-4 days upon arrival of this new equipment. This time, instead of sending the casing down first, the casing will enter with the bit... I don’t fully get it...but it seems like they do...

Mike is set to remain in Rwanda until August 30. Sam and I are scheduled to be in Rwanda until August 10, before we go on our extended vacation in Africa. It looks like I won’t get to witness the water coming in... I’m a little disappointed...okay, a lot disappointed, but am trusting God on the timing. If needed, I can come back if for some reason it does not happen before Mike departs. I am grateful for his heart and his commitment to TVM.

The ladies were very upset when the drilling equipment left as they thought there was not going to be a well. I explained that it was just delayed and it was God’s timing. We know that the community is waiting and watching. I trust that there is something bigger in this delay that we don’t see right now.

Heidi was a delight! She kept us on our toes and kept us laughing...constantly. And, if you know Heidi very well at all...you must know what I’m talking about.:) It was a good distraction for some difficult days here... so THANK YOU, Heidi!

Last week, we were able to deliver a much-needed wheelchair to the wife of a pastor. She suffered a stroke in 2005 and has scooted herself around their tiny home with a wooden chair since. Heidi helped us find the chair in Ft. Worth and then got it all the way to Rwanda. When we brought the chair to Florence, it was the first time she had been able to take herself outside in five years. What a total blessing that was! Wow-wee!

I cannot wait for everyone to see some of the rugs our ladies have made! They are amazing works of art! In fact, there is a very nice art gallery and restaurant in Kigali, calledHeavenwho will begin marketing the rugs for us today! We are so excited about this opportunity to sell them locally! Additionally, we will be marketing them in several art galleries in the US beginning in September! They are outstanding!

Sadly, for me, Molly Moloney will be finishing her time as my assistant on Friday. She is beginning a new phase of her life and will be leaving to graduate school in Denton on Monday. I am truly grateful for her presence in my life and in this ministry. Molly will move to her new position as one of our board of directors and is committed to staying connected to TVM.

Now, please join me in officially welcoming our summer intern, Abbey Henderson to our TVM team. Abbey will take Molly’s place as my assistant and as ourotherUS-based employee. Abbey has a long established history in working for Christ and we are thrilled to have her experience and enthusiasm as we move into the next phase of our growth.

Lastly, I ask for continued prayers for TVM and also for Rwanda. The presidential elections are on August 9.

Many continued blessings,

Diana

1 comment:

Mums11MWC11 said...

On 'Waiting on God' - We never realize when doing any project, even having a WELL drilled that everything is "God's Timing." This seems to be a 'lesson of patience” many people are dealing with these days, no matter what they are doing in life, as I keep hearing this theme. I would think that when the “timing is right, according to God's plan” – this will all run smoothly & soon be a distant memory that there was a delay. Our faith makes us strong & our “Perseverance” & God’s love will get us through times of difficulty, no matter what. The Nature of Earth's architecture may often present "challenges" that will make everyone stronger & appreciate even more the end results! I am confident the rest will go well, drilling the WELL. May fresh water be abundant, as the Earth & God provide. Mike, thanks so much for 'skyping' me! I wish we did have a video cam! Now, I understand what “skyping” meant in the one post. Thanks also for your e-mail. I sent an e-mail letter back. Blessings of Love & be in God’s Graces, keeping the Faith, ~Maureen Whitaker Clifton, Monday, August 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM EDT.